Monday, January 5, 2009

Feelin' Fine in '09

Somerville, Mass - This week officially ended my jaunt around Eastern Europe. As you may know, I have spent the last two months writing, reviewing and compiling the big Eastern Europe book, written by 13 authors and covering 20 countries. (Bonus points if you can name all 20. Hint: One of them is Europe's newest nation, declared independent in February 2008.)

That desk job followed on four months of researching and writing the Moscow City Guide and a bunch of other Russia-related stuff. So basically, the second half of 2008 was consumed with creepy castles, KGB museums, furry hats and pickled beets. Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff! But I'm thrilled to announce that Eastern Europe has been put to bed, as a book and as a region. The New Year brings new beginnings, new projects and new parts of the world to explore.

For the next few months I'm going to be working in my favorite city on the planet: Boston! Okay, I guess that's not a new part of the world to explore, but perhaps I will find a new part of the city to explore...?

A word about New Year's Resolutions. In 2008, I resolved to start a blog. And one year later, we're still going at it - Oorah! Thanks for reading!

In 2009, I have resolved to ride my bike across Africa...

No comments: