Saturday, November 14, 2009

Not Your Babushka's Moscow

Somerville, Mass - A friend of mine sent me this awesome video of a flash mob that took place in Moscow last week. Personally, I'm not sure it counts as a flash mob if the participants practiced for two weeks beforehand, but that doesn't really matter. Check out what happened when they came together on a Saturday afternoon in a Moscow shopping mall.

I love the babushka at 2:20. She doesn't know the moves, but that's not stopping her from throwing down. She's like "Communism, shmomunism.... We didn't do this back in the Soviet Union!"

MK Flash mob, Moscow, 31 october 2009, 16:00 from Timelapser on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Bonzo said...

My job takes around the various malls and shopping complexes in Moscow, I missed out on seeing this action, pretty interesting video.

Mara Vorhees said...

Jon, I was trying to figure out what mall it is. Can you tell?