Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 6: Maun to Bush Camp

Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Botswana - After one decadent day, it was not so easy to get back on the bike, especially since there was another long ride on the agenda. Today we rode 157km - just short of a century.

Alas, the rest day served me well, because I had a fantastic riding day. I rode all day with a threesome - Sonia, Isabella and Viv. Last week I was not able to keep up with them, but today I was. I think I'm getting stronger!

The road continues to be straight and flat. The landscape is mostly scrubby brush, with cows and donkeys and horses instead of wildlife.

 

But there is evidence that we are getting closer to the Namibian border, as we passed many people of the Herero nation, easily recognizable by their fancy dress.

 

No comments: