Monday, December 28, 2009

Next Adventure

Somerville, Mass - Whenever there is a lull in conversation, people tend to ask me things like "So, what's your next adventure?" or "What's your next big trip?"

Recently, this has created a little bit of an awkward situation for me, as there is no "big trip" in my foreseeable future. I will not be celebrating Carnival on the beaches of Brazil this winter, as I originally thought. In fact, I have no travel plans for the entirety of 2010. (I figured out that this will be the longest period of time that I will be in my own country without leaving since 1995.)

Ladies and gents, for 2010 I have a different kind of adventure planned: motherhood. Come May, the pink house will have not one but TWO new residents. Not felines this time, but humans (hopefully). Twins.

Regular readers can look forward to posts about teaching my children to count in Polish and hiking through the rainforest with kids on my back (or maybe just reviews of children's museums), as I attempt to combine my travel writing career with motherhood. Wish me luck.

No comments: